Labor Day // Weekend Update

September 2, 2014
If you are frantic and busy today... then both you and I are suffering from being gone for a 3-day weekend. It always feels like long weekends = extra chaos once back in the office. Ugh.

I'm going to take a quick minute and tell you about my labor day. It was pretty casual in comparison to the other holiday weekends I've had this summer. I got in one last pool day with my parents, ate way too much food at a taste of colorado, had a couple bbq's with family and somehow also managed to fit in a little shopping. 



This weekend also marked the anniversary of my grandpa's passing. It was quite an emotional weekend when I stopped long enough to let my thoughts and memories of him takeover. This past year was hard at times with the littlest of thing triggering me, causing tears to roll down my cheeks at completely random moments through out my day. I miss his smile. The way he would shrug his shoulders. His joyous laugh. Labor day will always be a reflective time for me and one that I want to spend celebrating what a wonderful man he was. 

(the last picture I took with my grandpa, july 2013)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime