Pretty Pumpkins

October 30, 2014
Halloween is synonymous with pumpkins. There are literally hundreds of ideas on pinterest for carving but my favorites of late have leaned more towards pumpkin decorating versus actually busting out the knives and and getting your arms covered in gooey pumpkin innards.

(all the ladies before our crafting began  /  decorated pumpkins of all shapes and sizes)

My bookclub got together last week for our 2nd annual pumpkin decorating evening and of course, our creativity was encouraged by alcoholic beverages. Lindy hosted us at her house and after we filled our bellies with her homemade chili (so good btw), and aweing over her baby boy wade, we rolled up our sleeves and got to crafting. Lindy raided the isles of the craft store, finding supplies ranging from paints to sequins and even tiny spiders and stick-on mustaches... endless options to adorn onto our pumpkins.

A lot of the girls came with a game plan and their creations were nearly identical to their inspirations. Mary's white and sequin pumpkin was my favorite of the evening and sara's 'dia de los muertos' was also the perfect combination of spooky and adorable. I failed a bit with the pumpkins I decorated but had a blast non-the-less.

(our finished pumpkins... no need to carve them when there are so many decorating options)

The evening definitely got me in the halloween spirit and it didn't hurt that my closest girl friends were there to make it an evening full of inappropriate jokes, tons of story telling and quality time together. Check out last years fun by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww i LOVE this post! I loved your striped pumpkin. And I bet Lindy is still sweeping up my sequined mess weeks later!! What a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ladies with beautiful pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime