Weekend Update

May 4, 2015
Hello spring and hello busy weekend of activities. I feel exhausted today and looking back at all these photos, it makes sense why my energy is lacking. From friday to sunday, I was up and about getting things done, stuffing my face :) and making memories with friends and family.

Ryan's little sister came home from college to stay with us for the weekend. We had dinner on friday at pinche tacos followed by my first experience at denver's iconic, voodoo doughnuts. Dinner was fabulous and my grapefruit mock-tail from the bar made my night. 



Saturday we were up with the sun and stopped into my favorite juice bar, nekter for a pressed juice and acai bowl before heading to home depot. We have been in our house now for nearly 5 months and with the weather warming up, we are able to start tackling a couple of the outdoor projects on our list. After ryan spent a few grueling hours working away, we cleaned ourselves up to join my parents for dinner at one of our favorites, russell's smokehouse for an early mother's day celebration. We stuffed ourselves silly on low-n-slow cooked bbq, the most velvety mac-n-cheese, cornbread cooked in a cast-iron skillet and cheesy grits. (read my restaurant review here). The night was a true celebration in my mom's honor.

Sunday we were back in the yard wrapping up our paver project. Peyton was a huge help, especially because a lot of the manual labor was too difficult for me to join. We barely had time to relax and take-in our finished project before we headed to join ryan's parents for a tasty mexican dinner at patzcuro's. Our evening wrapped up with an impromptu visit to matt + lindy's house for laughs around their kitchen island and dessert. 

Wow... after writing all of this out, I am wondering if my lack of energy is from our busy activities or from my stomach being entirely too full from the endless eating I seemed to do for the past 3 days?


1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful dinner at Russell's Smokehouse, but the company was even better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.

I love hearing from my readers! Please know I try to comment on all posts but if I by chance do not get to yours, know I read every comment and all emails sent my way.

- Jaime